I was so inspired by my guest today, Cristina Fonseca. Cristina was one of the founders of Talkdesk, a cloud-based help desk software that became Portugal's third "unicorn" after raising US$100M in series B funding at a valuation of over US$1 billion in
On becoming an entrepreneur and Talkdesk
- [1:15] - What were some people or events that influenced you in your early days before Talkdesk to become an entrepreneur?
- [4:04] - What was the hardest growth stage of Talkdesk and why?
- [6:57] - What advice would you give founders who are thinking of stepping down from something they started?
- [10:48] - On cleverly.ai - what does Cleverly.ai do?
- [11:48] - What is the gap in customer service management that Cleverly.ai is trying to solve?
- [16:42] - How has product development changed from your days at Talkdesk to now at Cleverly?
- Engineering and data science
- Design and UX
- Distributed teams
- AI embedded
- [26:32] - How do you make remote development work? Any advice or tips for entrepreneurs?
- [29:41] - Does product development differ if it is for DevOps vs a business user?
- [31:24] - How are you taking Cleverly to market?
- [33:46] - How are you determining pricing?
- [35:19] - How has the pandemic affected your strategy? What changes have you made to deal with it?
- [37:00] - What is your advice on seeking funding - when you should seek funding, how you should seek funding?
Book recommendationPlay Bigger