My guest today is Dr. Tim Guilliams, co-founder and CEO of Healx, a UK-based AI drug development company focused on rare diseases.
Dr. Tim along with Dr. David Brown, the co-inventor of Viagra, founded Healx in 2014 and went from bootstrapping their c
Healthtech and Healx
- [1:53] What inspired you to start focusing on rare diseases?
- [3:28] Could you define what rare disease means?
- [3:43] Why has what you’re doing never been done before? And how is your approach to drug discovery different from others?
- [5:53] What are the trends you’re seeing in this space? And what do you think is accelerating this high amount of investment in health tech?
Startup to Scaleup
- [8:16] Why did you bootstrap your company in the early stages and how did you execute with minimal resources?
- [10:18] Why did the inventor of Viagra - Dr. David Brown join Healx?
- [12:09] - What are some mistakes you made and what would you do differently now?
- [13:10] What should founders keep in mind while selecting investors for their startups?
- [14:57] Why did you raise series B so quickly after series A? Why did not just raise a larger Series A?
- [16:41] What adjustments did you have to make and how did you think about operating the company after going from bootstrapping to raising $ 70 million?
- [20:18] What has been the hardest thing about scaling?
- [21:46] How do you deal with making decisions in areas where you don’t have experience? And how do you manage the stress?
- [23:56] What are the future plans for Healx?
Book: The subtle art of not giving a fuck