All startups have to expand beyond their native country at some point. In this episode, I sat down to talk to an expert on this topic. Jeetu grew Hubspot’s operation to 7 countries which contributes to 40% of overall company revenues. So he is a pro at
- 1:12 - What are you responsible for at Hubspot?
- 2:08 - Why did they choose you to lead international expansion?
- 4:30 - What are the criteria Hubspot considered to determine the timing for expansion?
- 6:45 - How did you think about mapping and prioritizing different countries in Europe?
- 11:24 - What is the playbook for launching into a new country?
- 24:58 - How does hiring differ across Europe, Asia, Australia?
- 29:03 - How did sales differ from geo to geo?
- 31:39 - Advice to CEOs on international expansion and metrics to evaluate the progress.
- 37:59 - How did you budget for each new geo you went into?
- 45:27 - What would you do differently today? Will you change your strategy today because inbound and content creation is not novel anymore
- 53:05 - Determining pricing and packaging for different markets
- 54:28 - How have you handled Asia?
If you like the podcast, please leave a review!
And follow me on:Linkedin: Anita MoorthyTwitter: @anitamirchi,