Akoni is an early pioneer in creating cash management solutions and a white-label platform for the SMB segment. Felicia is well known in the Fintech space with over 20+ years in the industry and has been recognized by the industry for her contributions;
- [1:52] - Why did you start Akoni? What pain does it solve?
- [8:00] - How did you achieve product-market fit?
- [11:18] - What are the key trends you are seeing in financial services and fintech?
- [15:13] - How has the pandemic changed the expectations and needs of the consumer and business user?
- [21:13] - How do you balance innovation from open banking and open finance with ensuring adequate protection of consumers?
- [26:19] - How do you see open banking evolve in Europe and what would you like to see happen in terms of regulations
- [28:18] - How does Europe compare with other regions like US in terms of fintech innovation?
- [31:15] - How are the different players - incumbents, middleware, fintech companies collaborating or working together to make the ecosystem work, (in the UK)?
- [34:39] - Go-to-market strategy - How did you build relationships with key banking players?
- [36:49] - What advice would you give to yourself, in your early years at Akoni - what would you do differently?
- [40:29] - How has the experience of being a female founder and CEO in Fintech been like?
- [[44:37] - What are your future goals?
BooksFountainheadZen and the Art of Motorcycle MaintenanceOne Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez