I am delighted to have Rob Moffat, Partner at Balderton Capital on the show today. Rob has been a partner at Balderton since 2015. He focuses mainly on fintech and insurtech but he also has experience in games, marketplaces, and SaaS. We covered a lot in
- [1:55] Overview of Balderton
- [3:46] What do you think makes for a good VC?
- [5:32] Where are you making big bets going into 2022?
- [6:30] Why is there a difference in the US and Europe when it comes to web3?
- [7:52] What is your take on the NFT opportunity?
- [13:26] Opportunities in fintech
- [17:52] Team vs Idea - what is more important?
- [23:36] Organizational design from Series A to Series B
- [33:02] SaaS metrics for companies Balderton has invested in
- [35:39] If you could start a movement to change something or further a cause, what would it be and why?
Rob Moffat (Medium)
Book recommendation: Mandibles