Tim Kraska is an MIT professor who is now the CEO of Einblick, a next-generation data analytics company based on research he and a team developed at MIT and Brown University. I sat down with Tim to learn more about the process of converting research from
Back history of Einblick
- [1:28] - Your journey from professor to entrepreneurship
- [6:45] - At what point in your research did you feel you can commercialize your IP. What was the trigger for starting the company?
- [8:44] - What does Einblick’s product do? What need is it full filling in the market today?
Process of commercializing academic research
- [14:47] - How did you go about taking research from your academic field to commercialization? What was the process like?
- [17:55] - What should other entrepreneurs using research from their time at academia be mindful of? What advice would you give them?
- [21:53] - What is the timeline for taking academic research and setting up a business to exploit it commercially?
- [25:58] - Future plans for Einblick
- [27:40] - How did you structure equity for your team?
- [29:48] - What are your personal goals? Do you think you will go back to academia?
Me:) Linkedin: Anita MoorthyTwitter: @anitamirchi, Email: email@example.com