In this episode, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Jeff Kofman, CEO, and founder of Trint, who before founding Trint was an Emmy award-winning network television news foreign correspondent and war correspondent with ABC, CBS, and CBC News. I found
- [0:48] - What need does Trint solve beyond transcription?
- [2:45] - How does Trint differ from other transcription services?
- [6:14] - How did you go from being a war journalist to becoming an entrepreneur?
- [14:49] - What have you learned as a war correspondent that you were able to use to become the entrepreneur and CEO you are today?
- [21:09] - What advice would you give someone starting a company who has little experience in entrepreneurship and/or are starting this late in their life?
- [29:02] - How did you determine the average sale price of your platform given it is more than just transcription?
- [33:41] - What are some of the mistakes you made and what advice would you give others?
- [37:13] - Given your background in journalism and interviewing, what have you found to work for good interview questions - that allow you to get to the heart of someone’s motivation?
Shackleton’s way - Lessons in Leadership